Three-dimensional printing is one of the most talked-about technologies of this decade. Some consider it the beginning of the third industrial revolution, while others point out the constraints of the technique. Is 3D printing changing our architecture, and is it the way we’ll design our homes in the future? Below, we look at the phenomenon of 3D printing worldwide, including a delicate resin pavilion in China, classical-design-inspired concrete beams in Italy and buildings that “think” in Germany.
.. Continue Reading How 3D printing is disrupting the architecture and design industry
- Striking contemporary passive house hides underground in the Cotswolds
- Contemporary home design makes room for mirrored brainstorming cube
- The great Aussie shearing shed inspires a modern family home
- New lease of life for iconic spiral-shaped Frank Lloyd Wright House
- More with less: Multipurpose loft maximizes small studio apartment
- Small, smart and energy-efficient: A recipe for retirement