UK Prime Minister Theresa May has told parliament that a military-grade nerve agent was used in an attack on former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal. The attack has left Skripal, 66, and his daughter Yulia, 33, in a critical but stable condition. A police officer who attended the victims also remains seriously ill. May says the substance used belongs to the Novichok group of nerve agents, but what are Nivochok agents and what do they do?
.. Continue Reading Russian spy attack: What are Novichok nerve agents and what do they do?
- Food additive could find use in more efficient non-toxic antifreeze
- Cigarette ash may find use filtering arsenic from water
- Nano-kebab fabric blasts chemical warfare agents
- US Army tests drones that sniff out clouds of chemical agents
- US Army rolls out a mobile chemical weapons neutralizer
- Cracking a few eggs to make electronics that dissolve